Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lack of sleep = lack of posts.


Being a night owl is really taking it's toll on me. I can easily work til 4am and then sleep to just after lunch time to get the full required 8 hours however i know it's not the productive way to do things. Often i miss the necessary sunlight i need to take pictures and cutting my days in half only means i need to rush to the post office and run other errands as soon as i wake up.

So i've been trying this experiment for the last week or so, where i would go to bed (regardless of how tired i am) at the same time as my hubby which is usually around 11.30pm and i would try to fall asleep. Some nights i'm staring at the ceilings for hours, other nights i'm out like a light, usually from a previous night of staring at the ceiling. I don't leave my alarm on and let my body naturally wake up when it's good and ready.

It's taken just over 7 days and i think it's starting to work. I go to bed around midnight, turning off all distractions (like the tv and my comp), and although i still lay there thinking for a while my mind gets tired faster and waking itself at around 9am the next day. I'm hoping to train my body to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 7am so i can have breakfast with Hubby before he goes to work. *crossed fingers*

image from ----> HERE

No comments: