Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Dad

is a butcher.
love
He wasn't always a butcher... it was a career which he stumbled on accidently however he's stuck with it for about 10 years now. He does what most Dad's does, like tell ridiculously un-funny jokes, man the BBQ at parties, protect us from mum, and gave us girls money for petrol whenever we were broke.
love
Yup, Dad has always played a huge part in my life, especially when it came to encouraging us girls (i have 3 sisters) of pursuing our dreams. I wasn't really sure what he would say when i told him of my recent endeavor with Olive Farm since i previously had a pretty decent job however after listening intently to me going on and on he paused for a moment before saying something on the lines of 'I knew you had it in you'. Awwwwww *sniffles* Such an awesome guy =)
love
In honour to the guy, whom my sisters and i affectionately refer to as the 'old man', i made this gorgeous lil lookalike mini doll to put on your keys, hang off your bag or to simply sit next to your computer as you think of your own Dad. I decided to have him dressed in his butchers uniform out of respect to his profession.
love
Meet my Dad, the Butcher.

No comments: