Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscars

Like most people i know i watch the Oscars for one thing - FASHION! Sure, sure there's some mild interest on the awards ceremony itself especially when it's the big awards like best movie, actor etc, however i mostly spend my time oogling at the celebrities all dolled up and looking their supposed best. Although i do voice out my opinions about the less than favoured fashion choices of some celebrities to my husband i will not here. There's no point focusing on negativity when i can go on an on about my favourite picks of the night.

With the 2010 Oscars less than 24 hrs away i'm giddy with excitement over what we'll see on the red carpet. Apparently from this morning news we are to expect a lot of vintage glamour/old Hollywood come in which is oh so fabulous!

And with that in mind i thought i go back a year and post my top 3 picks from last years Oscars.

Jennifer Aniston smashed it out of the park with this cream strapless Valentino number. She looked so youthful and in my opinion glowed!

Argh! Natalie Portman why are you soooo stunning? Her beauty is so timeless and i loved this colour on her. She chose to wear a strapless Rodarte dress and although it's not as out there as some others the fact that she can still pull off a rather 'simple' design wows me.

I was mid way in conversation with my hubby when i stopped and gawked at this dress. Anne Hathaway looked simply radiant & i couldn't keep my eyes off her. Dressed in a strapless (was that the stlye that year?) Armani Prive encrusted dress she definitely got my vote for best dressed on the night. I can't wait to see what she wears this year!

images via splendicity

No comments: