Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And what do you do??

I'm not going to lie, this question use to scare me when i first decided to start Olive Farm. Running your own label isn't the norm. I mean its crazy hours, virtually no pay when you first start, flooded with extreme emotions of doubt, insecurities and fear. Why would anyone want to run their own business, especially in the design world? They didn't come up with the term 'starving artist' for nothing haha

So when i explain what i do to strangers of course they become curious to how is it i've decided to pull myself away from the herd and do something... w
ell... different. I've yet to find an answer i'm completely satisfied with and claiming 'i just love it' doesn't seem enough but that's my answer ' i just LOVE it!'. I am my own boss. I work from home so i have the luxury of wearing pj's & uggys to work on days i'm feeling lazy. I can have a break whenever i feel like it and all the success i achieve from my business is from a direct result of all the blood, sweat and tears i put in.

There's positive and negative in everything however personally for me deciding to start something different has my creative side dancing about in pure joy. I'm nothing if not creative and for as long as i remember i've kept that girl tamed and now she runs around free as a bird, how can i not be happy?


Realistically though I doubt i would of been able to pursue this dream if it wasn't for the support of my family, friends and darling husband. Thank you for believing in me =)

No comments: