Monday, October 19, 2009

Amore No. 9 - Tord Boontje


When i first saw this lamp in a magazine a few years back my heart felt like it jumped up from a somber sleep and started doing cartwheels as the girlest 'sq
ueel' escaped my mouth. That is when Tord Boontje first entered my life.
love
Soon after my bestie was asking me if i would help her make her own version for her upcoming exhibition and of course i said a big whopping YES! However after trying to recreate the original we discovered that cutting outlines of flowers, leaves and other bits & pieces from paper is not easy which only made me love Tord's work even more.
love
For those who don't know who he is (tho i don't know how t
hat's possible because his work is everywhere!) Tord is a designer from the Netherlands who worked in different parts of Europe before opening Studio Tord Boontje in 1996. His work expands from light installations, homewares, fabric, to stick on tattoos. This guy is seriously a genius & i love his design philosophy ~
love
The Studio's work draw from a belief that modernism does not mean minimalism, that contemporary does not forsake tradition, and that technology does not abandon people and sense.

I want you!

Field of flowers *sigh*

Boontje's design on a classic egg chair.

Awesome Chair!

No comments: